The Food Security Management Systems allow demonstrating the ability of the organization to control food hazards and to guarantee that the food is secure for human consumption. This standard applies to any organization inside the supply chain: from animal food, to restaurant service. The objectives of this Management System include:
- Demonstrating to third parties that the organization offers secure food products.
- Accomplishing consistently the policy and objectives of food security.
- Evaluating and valuating the clients’ requirements and demonstrating the acceptance with this food security requirements, mutually agreed to improve the clients’ satisfaction.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the food security management of the organization.
- Providing a base to a continuous improvement.
- Demonstrating the compliance of legal and regulatory requirements applied to food security.
- Communicating effectively the issues related to food security to supplies, clients and other relevant parts involved in the food chain.